A Faithful God
Yahweh makes a promise to Abraham
1. To your offspring I will give this land (Israel/Palestine)
Joseph Abraham’s great grand son said this before His death after rising to power in Egypt.
2. Yahweh will certainly visit you and bring you up from this land (Egypt) to the land that he swore to Abraham, Issac, and to Jacob (Israel/Palestine)
At the foot of mount Sinai, immediately after the Israelites have worshipped the Golden calf, Moses must plead with Yahweh & repeat Yahweh’s previous promises He made to these people.
3. All this land (israel/Palestine) that I promised I will give to your offspring, and they will inherit it forever.
The Israelites spent 40 years longer in the wilderness due disobedience towards Yahweh’s instructions, and in Deuteronomy Moses will again remind the new generation of Israelites of the law & promises of Yahweh.
4. Go and take possession of the land (israel/Palestine) that the lord swore to your fathers Abraham, Isaac and to Jacob, to give to them and their offspring after them.
5. Keep His decrees and commands. Which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the lord your God gives you for All time.
6. Yahweh doesn’t give them possession of the land because of their righteousness, but rather on account of the wickedness of the nations that previously occupied the land.
Yahweh gives a strong warning to the Israelites in the land through the prophet Amos
7. You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your sins.
From my studies of the Old Testament via logos 8 basic can learn this;
Yahweh owns the land.
Yahweh doesn’t break promises.
An Unconditional ownership of israel/Palestine belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The Occupation of the land is very much conditional to following Yahweh’s commandments.
Continued Wickedness in this land will be met with punishment.
Great callings, come with greater responsibilities.
The story continues today.
More reasons to read and study the Bible